Ways To Install Plugin In WordPress
Ways To Install Plugin In WordPress one of the most basic things which you need to learn about your self-hosted WordPress blog is how to install WordPress plugins. There are many ways to do this.
Here are three of the easiest ways:
- Install plugins by searching from the dashboard
- Upload a .zip folder to WordPress
- Install via FTP
I wouldn’t recommend installing by FTP unless you don’t have permissionto install a plugin from the dashboard. But most of the recommended hosting companies like Bluehost, HostGator, and InMotion Hosting give you permission to add plugins from the dashboard.If you want to search for a plugin from the WordPress plugin repo, you can simply find the name of the plugin and do a search from the dashboard.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on Plugins > Add New
- Search for a plugin that you want to install Click on “Install Now” Activate the plugin
- That’s it!
Now, there are many plugins that are old and have not been updated for years, but they are still very useful. But you won’t be able to install such plugins by searching for them. You will have to download the .zip folder from the official repo and install it.Here is a quick guide on installing a .zip format plugin:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard Click on Plugin > Add New > Upload
- Plugin Browse for the .zip file and install the plugin Click on “Activate Plugin”When you are downloading plugins, make sure you download them from credible sources like the Free WordPress plugin repo, CodeCanyon, the ShoutMeLoud store, or the official plugin page of the plugin’s developers.
Avoid downloading plugins from any non-credible sources like freefile sharing sites or torrents!