Ways To Change WordPress Theme
Ways To Change WordPress Theme one of the most basic things which you need to learn about your self-hosted WordPress blog is how to install WordPress Themes. There are many ways to do this.
Here are three of the easiest ways:
- Install Themes by searching from the dashboard
- Upload a .zip folder to WordPress
- Install via FTP
I wouldn’t recommend installing by FTP unless you don’t have permissionto install a Themes from the dashboard. But most of the recommended hosting companies like Bluehost, HostGator, and InMotion Hosting give you permission to add Themes from the dashboard.If you want to search for a Themes from the WordPress Themes repo, you can simply find the name of the Themes and do a search from the dashboard.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on Themes> Add New
- Search for a Themes that you want to install Click on “Install Now” Activate the Themes
- That’s it!
Now, there are many Themes that are old and have not been updated for years, but they are still very useful. But you won’t be able to install such Themes by searching for them. You will have to download the .zip folder from the official repo and install it.Here is a quick guide on installing a .zip format Themes:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard Click on Themes > Add New > Upload
- Themes Browse for the .zip file and install the Themes Click on “Activate Themes”When you are downloading Themes, make sure you download them from credible sources like the Free WordPress Themes repo, CodeCanyon, the ShoutMeLoud store, or the official Themes page of the Themes developers.
Avoid downloading plugins from any non-credible sources like freefile sharing sites or torrents!